How to be Safe with Fireworks and Sparklers
Fireworks are fun for both kids and adults, but if you don’t follow safety measures this fun activity can turn dangerous quick! By following these safety recommendations, you and your family and friends are sure to have a great time celebrating the independence of this amazing country we call home!
Tips to follow to ensure a fun, safe holiday with fireworks:
At John’s Discount Fireworks we take fireworks safety very seriously. We want you to celebrate with our products safely. So before you set it off this year, please take a minute to read the safety tips below.
- Always read and follow label directions.
- Have an adult present.
- Buy from reliable sellers’
- Use outdoors only.
- Always have water handy (a garden hose and a bucket).
- Never experiment or make your own fireworks.
- Light only one firework at a time.
- Never re-light a “dud” firework (wait 15 to 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water).
- Never give fireworks to small children.
- If necessary, store fireworks in a cool, dry place.
- Dispose of fireworks properly by soaking them in water and then disposing of them in your trashcan.
- Never throw or point fireworks at other people.
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket.
- Never shoot fireworks in metal or glass containers.
- The shooter should always wear eye protection and never have any part of the body over the firework.
- Stay away from illegal explosives.